In this article, you’ll learn and discover how to make mummy meatloaf. A Healthy Halloween Recipe that your family will love.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Makes: 4 portions
Not Suitable for Freezing
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200 ml tomato ketchup
- add 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- put 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 85 g fresh white breadcrumbs (4 slices, crusts removed)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried small carrot, grated
- 1/2 apple, peeled, cored & grated
- 450 g lean minced beef
- salt & pepper to season
- 150 g pappardelle
- 1 ball mozzarella
- 1 black olive
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4/Fan 160. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the onion for 6-8 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute then transfer half of the onion to a bowl and leave to cool. in addition, add the ketchup, sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce and orange juice to the saucepan.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the remaining onion and stir, then add the rest of the ingredients and 3 tbsp of the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into an 8” / 20 cm shallow round ovenproof dish. Level the top and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, pour over the sauce and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, boil the pasta in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain and toss with a little olive oil.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Arrange the pasta over the meatloaf in lines to make a mummy effect. Slice two round slices of mozzarella and place two halved black olives for eyes on top and place within the pasta.
- Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes then brush with some of the sauce. Bake for a further 10 minutes then brush again and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining sauce until boiling and bubble for 1 minute. Serve the meatloaf in slices with the BBQ sauce.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!