Twists are so necessary for whole body health. It is not a normal position for us to do in our daily life but is it wonderful. Too often the hips and spine suffer from never rotating. Absolutely squeezes out toxins from the internal organs, as well as allows the breath to be focused at a particular space. A great example is twisting to the right. This allows the left lung to be open to expand fully and open the rib cage. When you sustain the pose you can then soften everywhere, and let go.
- Restores equilibrium in the nervous system
- Release tension in the spine
- Bent knees more to the chest can relieve sciatica
- Massages the stomach and cures gastritis
- Gentle wringing out of organs
- Stretches the tensor fascia lata muscle, waist, and spine
- Post surgical benefits of reducing fibrous adhesions and scar tissue
- Improves breathing and soothes frazzled nerves
- Eases neck strain, back tension and stretches the spine
- Opens chest, shoulders, and back
- Relieves muscle spasm in back
- Creates space in the intercostals muscles for a deeper breath
- Encourages relaxation and calms anxiety
- Relieves depression
If you have shoulder issues (such as rotator cuff injuries) or are prone to tingling in the hands when you extend your arms overhead, you may not want to raise your arm to rest beside the ear or to let it float.
Two-Legged Twist Directions:
1. Lying on your back, bend your knees. Open your arms to the side into a T and relax the knees to the right side. By directing the knees lower, or higher will affect where in the spine the stretch is felt. If the knees are higher, this moves the twist to the upper back; lowering the knees moves the twist more to the lumbar/sacrum.
2. If the opposite shoulder lifts (keep the shoulder blades flat on the earth) place a bolster under the bent knee(s) or in between knees, or both.
3. Experiment with the head-turning your head to either side and notice how the sensations change.
Option: Extending the top leg straight out to the side applies the most stretch, which helps to keep the hips fully turned. For some, it’s less of a twist and more of a stretch to the outside of the leg and hip: great for the IT band. The deepest version of this option is to hold the foot with the opposite hand.
Coming Out of the Two-Legged Twist Pose: Release the straight leg, Inhale and slowly roll onto your back and hug the knees into the chest to release the sacrum and lumbar.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?