Essential oils act on the mind and body to preserve the perfect balance. They enhance the working of the metabolism, and being natural, they will not upset any biological functions. Apart from soothing the nerves and helping the digestion, the essential oils remove body odor and cure depression. Here is the list of the essential oils and their health benefits that you can use.
Eucalyptus essential oil
Unlike the other essential oils, Eucalyptus oil remained unknown in the field of aromatherapy. The eucalyptus tree is tall, evergreen with the botanical name Eucalyptus globulus. The fresh leaves of the plant find use in the making of the oil. Other names for the eucalyptus tree are blue gum tree, fever tree, and stringy bark tree. Here you find few health benefits of eucalyptus essential oil:
- Good for people with respiratory problems – Used for a sore throat, cold, cough bronchitis, nasal congestion, sinusitis, and asthma.
- Antiseptic quality since it is a germicide – Heals wounds. Eucalyptus oil is antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal. You can apply it to cuts, sores, and wounds.
- Good for treating tuberculosis – The eucalyptus oil helps clear the lungs and reduce inflammation. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties help fight the disease.
- Cures lice and skin infestations – Bug repellent and germicide nature. People use it to get relief from lice infestation. This natural oil does not have any side effects, unlike other chemicals.
Anise essential oil
Anise is a favorite in the culinary field. It has a great flavor and good health aspects. Anise oil finds its use for both cooking and health therapy.
- Increase sex drive – One of the reasons for adding anise seed to the dishes is to improve the sex drive. You can use Anise oil for aromatherapy as well.
- Ease childbirth – Anise oil helps the labor progress by easing the baby downwards into position, relieve the pain and make the mom calm.
- Start menstruation – Women with starting problems in menstruation will find the use of anise oil helpful.
- Helpful for treating nicotine dependence – People addicted to nicotine can use anise oil to become free. Anise oil helps reduce the craving for nicotine.
- People use it for asthma – You can use anise oil to get relief from asthma. The oil helps reduce the inflammation and open the air passage.
- Cures constipation – One of the well-known cures for people suffering from constipation, anise oil is a wonderful agent for curing stomach and bowel problems.
Lavender essential oil
One of the most used oil in aromatherapy is the lavender essential oil. It has a great flavor and a soothing smell. The mind, the body and the spirit become calm when you use some lavender oil.
- Use as a sedative agent – It has terrific anti-depressant properties. It has a sedative and calming effect on people. When one has headaches or suffers from nervousness, applying two drops of the lavender essential oil to the temple.
- Helps diabetics – Lavender essential oil protects us from an increase in blood sugar levels and metabolic disorders. It prevents liver and kidney dysfunction by protecting against antioxidant depletion.
- Supports the functioning of the brain – People use the lavender oil for the natural treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. It improves cognitive recognition and reduces the oxidative stress in the brain.
Tea tree oil
One of the mainstays of homemade cleaning products and cosmetic items, tea tree oil has many health benefits. It is antimicrobial, balsamic, stimulant, and antiseptic. People also use it as a fungicide and insecticide.
- Treat a stye – A stye is an inflammation one gets in the corner of the eye. Due to its antibacterial nature, the tea tree oil cleans the stye. Within a short time, the inflammation comes down.
- Add strength to nails – Apply some tea tree oil to the fingernails to make them strong. It fights fungal infections and rectifies yellow nails.
- A cure for belly button infections – The antifungal and antibacterial nature of the tea tree oil helps you fight the infections of the belly button. Clean the belly button with tea tree oil twice a day for best results.
Basil essential oil
One of the heavyweights of Ayurvedic medicine, Basil has plenty of health-giving properties. Basil essential oil finds a use in cooking and medical therapy. The oil has plenty of magnesium, vitamin A, calcium, iron, and potassium. People use it to flavor their dishes.
- Constipation – Use the basil essential oil to get relief from constipation. People have used it since the olden times to promote good bowel movement.
- Respiratory problems –You can use it to treat a variety of respiratory ailments such as asthma, sinus infections, and bronchitis.
- Improve blood circulation –The basil essential oil augments the blood circulation and enhances the metabolic activities.
- Indigestion – Basil essential oil finds a use for adding flavor and aroma to the dishes. Besides this, it helps improve the digestion. It has a carminative property besides rectifying the stomach cramps.
- Motion sickness – When you have nausea due to traveling, you can use two drops of basil essential oil to get relief.
Rose essential oil
Fragrant and beautiful rose needs no introduction. The rose essential oil has many applications in beauty care and aromatherapy. Besides this, people use it in cooking to add flavor to the dishes.
- Relieves stress and anxiety – Rose essential oil has anti-phlogistic and antidepressant nature. So, it relieves anxiety and stress. Apply two drops to the temples, and you will soon have peace.
- Laxative nature – Use the rose oil to get relief from constipation. It improves the bowel movement and strengthens the digestive system.
- Good antiviral property – People use the rose essential oil to get protection against viruses. So, you will not catch a cold or flu so easily.
- Reduce symptoms of menopause – Use of rose oil for massage helps reduce menopausal symptoms like fatigue and listlessness.
Use of essential oils for health is an age-old custom. It helps people lead a calm and serene life. There are no complicated processes to use them so you can use it with ease.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!