In this article, you’ll learn and discover how to make a unique yet yummy spaghetti recipe called Carbonara.
Although the typical red sauce perfectly marries our common pasta, sometimes it’s fun to try unique toppings and ingredients. And one such yummy experiment is Carbonara. A recipe that will leave your guests feeling content and surprised by your cooking skills.
Key Ingredients Of Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
Carbonara – famous as an Italian pasta dish, is originally from Rome. It is traditionally prepared with cheese, eggs, pepper, and cloves. Don’t worry; you easily get all of them online in spaghetti pasta kit. Also, there is not any hard and fast rule to use a specific cheese or noodles. Yet, many go for Pecorino and Parmesan cheese because of its mouth-watering taste and texture. Apart from spaghetti, it is also prepared with rigatoni or linguine. When eating, you might think there’s cream in the dish because of its creamy flavor. But there is no cream – its the egg yolks and cheese.
Here’s the recipe: Directions
- Put water in a large saucepan and keep it on the flame to boil. Grate 50 gram Parmesan and 50-gram Pecorino cheese and.mix them. Then chop 100g pancetta after removing any rind.
- Now beat three large eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of freshly grated black pepper. Place all these aside and sprinkle one tablespoon salt to the boiling water. Pour around 300 grams of spaghetti and cook at a constant sim flame, covered, about ten minutes or till it prepared adequately.
- Peel plump garlic cloves and bruise them with a knife. Put unsalted butter in a frying pan, add the pancetta and garlic. Fry the pancetta with the garlic cloves till spaghetti is cooking.
- Keep it on medium heat for five minutes and stir it in between. Stop once the pancetta is golden brown and crisp.
- Take out the garlic with a slotted spoon. Slow down the heat under pancetta, and when your pasta is ready, lift it out from water using tongs and put in with pancetta. Don’t bother by the water drops – its good for your dish.
- Also, keep the pasta water aside – you will need it afterward. Mix eggs and cheese. Just save some of the cheese for sprinkling over later.
- Take the pan off the flame and pour the mixture of eggs and cheese. Use tongs to lift up the spaghetti a few times, so it mixes well with the mixture. Add a few tablespoons of pasta water to keep it moist – not wet. Add a little salt – only if required.
- Make use of a pronged fork to give the pasta a twisted look on the serving plate. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and a grating of black pepper.
If your guest will take time to have dinner, splash in some more hot pasta water just before serving. This way, the glossy sauciness will be revived.
Key Points To Note:
- Make sure you combine the eggs and cheese such that the mixture has a silky and smooth texture, and eggs don’t get accidentally scrambled in the process.
- Only use yolks rather than whole eggs. It gives a silky and creamy texture to the flavor.
- You can try different cheeses like Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano-Reggiano as per your preferred taste. Moreover, you can find many unique pizza pasta sauces online that can do wonders in your dish. They are perfect for spicing up your dinner.
Lastly, you can also add up these ingredients for a personal touch in the taste:
- Different cheese flavors
- Herbs like parsley, sage, or basil
- Different flavors of chili flakes
- Veggies like mushrooms and wilted spinach
- Include vegetables like wilted spinach or mushrooms
- Add caviar to make it look fancy
Feel free to share your feedback with us in the comments below!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?