Did You Know…?
- In the past thirty years, the population nearly doubled. However, in that same period, public demand for water more than tripled! We use an average of 100 gallons of water each day — enough to fill 1,600 drinking glasses!
- It takes a substantial amount of energy to distribute and care for the water you use every day. The public water supply and treatment facilities consume about 56 billion kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year—enough electricity to power more than 5 million homes for an entire year. For example, letting your faucet run for five minutes uses about as much energy as letting a 60-watt light bulb run for 14 hours.
- If all households installed water-efficient appliances, the country would save more than 3 trillion gallons of water and more than $18 billion dollars per year!
- If one out of every 100 homes was replaced with water-efficient fixtures, we could save about 100 million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year — avoiding 80,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions. The greenhouse gas savings would be equal to getting rid of nearly 15,000 automobiles from the road for one year!
- If they laid all the glass bottles and jars collected through recycling next to each other in a straight line, it would reach the moon and half way back to earth.
The Big Eco-Green Impact – It’s Time to Make a Difference
There are tons of ways we can make our lives greener. Below are just a couple of tips on how to start greening your life. Use these tips to help you travel down a greener path.
Niche the Staples and go staple-free
Staples have become an environmental hazard to our environment. Amazingly, Staple Free Staplers use absolutely no staples. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about anymore torn papers, hooked clothing, painful fingers caused by the poking of a sharp metal staple, and no more stressing yourself over a jammed stapler either. Staple Free Staplers is an environmentally friendly device for the home or even for your office, which simply cuts a little flap in the corner of your papers, folds the flap back and tucks it into a tiny slit, and it dose it as quickly and easily as an old regular stapler. It is not as permanent as a staple, and the limit is five pages, but for what it does, it is a great product to have in the comforts of your own home. The pages can be pulled apart without tearing, under ordinary circumstances they hold together very well.
The Staple Free Stapler is safe for all ages, and maintenance free. There are no metal prongs to catch your finger, sweater, or important documents on, and you will not have to spend your valuable time undoing a staple jam.
Stop Spending Your Money On Toxic Products for the Home
Do you know what is in the household cleaning products you are using? The fact is, most household cleaning products on market shelves today contain many harmful and hazardous toxins and chemicals. These hazardous toxic substances can enter the body through ingestion, inhalation, or absorption through the skin, which can affect the heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, and the brain and have the potential to cause many serious health problems. Natural cleaning products on the other hand are non-toxic and much safer to use because they are made from natural, wholesome, ingredients. When it comes to cleaning and disinfecting your home, they work just as effectively if not better than the chemical products that sell in thousands of stores.
Natural cleaning products are not only safer to use, they also save you money because they last longer and cost less. Helpful Tip: if you want to have a pretty scent in your home add 100% natural essential oils to your home made recipes such as tea tree oil, lavender or lemon oil, which not only provide a fresh aroma and scent, but also have natural antiseptic, antifungal, and disinfectant properties contained within them.