This easy salad is perfect to make for a cookout or party because there’s no lettuce to get soggy.
- 1/3 cup olive oil or a little less depending on how you like your dressing.
- 3 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco.
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Optional-aforementioned added lime and Tajin.
- WATERMELON (I almost forgot this) I’d say about an 8-pound watermelon and go seedless for sanity.
- ½ pound feta cheese crumbled or about 2 cups, or if we are honest with ourselves, 3 cups.
- 1 ¼ cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (this too is optional but for your more food-savvy friends I’d recommend.)
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves.
- Cut your watermelon into 1 ½ inch chunks. Or if you want to be fancy and are a bit odd, scoop into balls with a melon baller. Chill those babies, there is one thing I hate and that’s warm watermelon, ugh, can you say mealy? So chill away.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco, and pepper. Plate the watermelon and gently drizzle dressing and give a light toss with feta, olives, and onion. Garnish at the end with mint and serve.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!