This easy salad is perfect to make for a cookout or party because there’s no lettuce to get soggy.
- 1/3 cup olive oil or a little less depending on how you like your dressing.
- 3 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco.
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Optional-aforementioned added lime and Tajin.
- WATERMELON (I almost forgot this) I’d say about an 8-pound watermelon and go seedless for sanity.
- ½ pound feta cheese crumbled or about 2 cups, or if we are honest with ourselves, 3 cups.
- 1 ¼ cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (this too is optional but for your more food-savvy friends I’d recommend.)
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves.
- Cut your watermelon into 1 ½ inch chunks. Or if you want to be fancy and are a bit odd, scoop into balls with a melon baller. Chill those babies, there is one thing I hate and that’s warm watermelon, ugh, can you say mealy? So chill away.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco, and pepper. Plate the watermelon and gently drizzle dressing and give a light toss with feta, olives, and onion. Garnish at the end with mint and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?