Chia seeds were once stapled foods, much like corn and beans in the diets of both Aztecs and Mayans. Chia actually comes from the Mayan word for ‘strength,’ which should tell you something about these “super seeds”. They may be small, but they pack a powerful nutritional punch. Chia seeds were consumed thousands of years ago by people who understood their ability to provide energy and stamina that would last a very long time.
Today, researchers are rediscovering the nutritional value of chia seeds, including their rich omega-3 fatty acid content, which is being studied for its ability to inhibit cancer growth and reduce insulin resistance. Chia seeds are truly super because they deliver a huge amount of nutritional benefit for very few calories. They are similar in many ways to flax but you don’t have to grind them to get all of their health-promoting benefits. Rich in fiber, omega fatty acids, antioxidants, and calcium, start enjoying chia seeds today. Here are five easy ways to reap the amazing benefits of chia.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons white almond butter
- Get 1 cup coconut water
- Use 1 pinch cinnamon
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder
- 1 organic date, pitted
- Blend the almond butter and coconut water in a blender until it mixes well.
- Add the date, vanilla, powder, and cinnamon in the blender and blend until mixed in.
- Pour the mixture over the chia seed in a bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes then serve topped with fresh organic fruit.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?