This is the best way to eat artichokes and it’s healthy too!” Tender, artichokes quick and easy to make and beautifully grilled.
- Servings: 6
- Hands-on time: 30 min
- Total time: 45 min
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 8 cups cold water
- 3 artichokes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Fill a large bowl with water and add the juice of one lemon.
- Cut the top 1/3 off of the artichoke.
- With scissors, trim the top portions of the remaining leaves to remove thorns.
- Cut stem leaving about 2″ attached to the artichoke.
- Turn the artichoke top-side down and cut through the stem to halve the artichoke.
- Cut again to quarter and remove fuzzy part of heart and center leaves with thorns [not much.]
- Immediately place in a bowl of lemon water. Continue with the balance of artichokes.
- Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Line up artichokes on foil, drizzle with oil, season with salt, and place lemon slices over.
- Tear off the second sheet of foil and place on top of artichokes.
- Crimp edges to seal and create a large pocket.
- Place on hot grill for 15 minutes.
- Tests doneness by inserting a knife into a thick portion of artichoke heart. You should feel a bit of resistance.
- Arrange on platter.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Can be served hot or at room temperature.
You can get similar results using your oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and follow directions.