Chicken Scarpariello Carmines Recipe
The Carmines wings recipe serves 6 to 8 (30 pieces)
- 4 pounds medium chicken wings (separated at the joint)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, sliced
- Use 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil blend (3 parts canola oil to 1 part olive oil)
- 2-3 cups canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 pound plus one tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Use one tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large clove roasted garlic, mashed into a paste
- Juice of one lemon
Directions for Carmine’s recipes:
- Rinse the chicken under cold water. In a medium bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients except for the chicken and frying oil. Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 48 hours, turning the chicken wings every few hours.
- In a 3-quart or larger pot, heat the canola oil to 350°F over medium-high heat. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and clean off any herbs and garlic. Pat them dry with paper towels. Working in batches to avoid overcrowding, pan-fry the wings until they begin to brown on the undersides, then turn them. When browned all over and thoroughly cooked through (4 to 5 minutes per side), transfer the wings to the paper-towel-lined plate.
- For the sauce: In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the shallots and sauté until translucent. Then add the rosemary and oregano and sauté for 20 seconds more. Afterward, add the white wine and cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the chicken stock, Tabasco, salt, red pepper flakes, and roasted garlic. Cook until the liquid has again reduced by half.
- Finish by adding a few tablespoons of butter. Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow the sauce to cool, then refrigerate at least overnight.
- Reduce to a simmer and whisk in the remaining butter. Add the lemon juice. Toss the wings in the sauce for 5 seconds. Spread the wings on a serving platter and cover with the sauce.