From: Diabetic Living Magazine
Serve these baked appetizer glazed wings for a New Years, bring it to a friends house or serve it at any party you’re hosting. The preparation is quick and easy.
This recipe serves 30
- 3 pounds frozen plain chicken wing drumettes (about 30)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- Kitchen Basics Stock Natural Chicken
- ¼ cup finely chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional)
Preparation: 10 minutes
Ready In 1 h 10 m
Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, if desired. Place frozen drumettes in a prepared baking pan. Bake in a 400°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until skins is crispy. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Stir in pineapple juice, broth, sweet pepper, and soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Set aside. Carefully drain off any juices from baking pan. Brush drumettes with some of the glaze mixture. Bake 10 minutes more. Brush with more of the glaze mixture. Place on serving plate. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Pass remaining glaze mixture.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!