Safflower Oil for Hair Loss
Safflower Oil Recipe for Hair Growth
- First, wet your hair and comb it well.
- Squeeze a few drops of safflower oil into your palms and rub them together.
- Gently apply them onto your scalp.
- You can use a comb to disperse the oil.
- Leave it untouched for 60-45 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with a shampoo.
- Continue this procedure every week to retain the level of moisture.
Onion Juice for Hair Loss
When added to the hair and scalp, onion juice can provide extra sulfur to support strong and thick hair, thus preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth. Collagen, in turn, helps the production of healthy skin cells and hair growth. It’s also believed that onions may boost circulation.
The Journal of Dermatology published a study that found that onion juice overwhelmingly supports hair growth. After applying onion juice to the scalp twice a day for six weeks, 20 out of 23 participants saw positive results and reported that onion juice is a natural hair loss treatment that actually works. Onions have long been loved as a natural hair loss treatment because their sulfur content helps increase blood circulation, they promote collagen growth, and they contain antibacterial properties that treat scalp infections. To use, work onion juice into your scalp and let sit for 15 minutes. Then rinse using your regular shampoo.
Onion Juice Recipe for Hair Loss
- Mix the olive oil and onion juice until you get a well-combined mixture.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and gently massage your scalp in circular motions.
- Leave the oil on for about 2 hours.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Coconut Milk for Hair Loss
There’s a reason so many shampoos and conditioners are coconut-based. Coconut is known for its potent moisturizing abilities. Incidentally, one of the leading reasons for hair loss is having a damaged scalp due to dryness. To naturally reverse fall-out caused by dryness and bring your hair follicles back to good health, massage coconut milk into your roots and let sit for 10 minutes a day.
Coconut Milk Recipe for Hair Loss
- Apply coconut milk to the scalp
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes after covering with a towel
- Rinse it with cold water; this will help to reduce hair loss. This also makes hair softer.
Massaging the scalp with pure coconut milk is beneficial for hair growth. The milk can be applied directly to the hair roots.
Eggs for Hair Loss
An egg mask can help in hair growth. Castor oil mixed with eggs makes for an effective hair pack for hair growth and prevents balding.
Egg Mask Recipe
- Grab a bowl, beat 2 eggs well.
- Add 1 Tbsp castor oil and mix well.
- Apply this mask on your scalp and strands and let it stay for about half an hour.
- After, rinse your hair with your usual shampoo, and refrain from using a conditioner.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Loss
Efficient blood circulation is paramount for strong, healthy hair. An article published in 2002 on Alive.com, states apple cider vinegar stimulates better circulation to your hair follicles. As blood circulates through your arteries, essential nutrients are carried to hair follicle cells. The more efficient circulation you have, the more nutrients reach these follicles, strengthening your roots and promoting a healthy head of hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy for Hair Loss
- Blend one cup of water with two to four tablespoons of vinegar to make your rinse.
- After you have shampooed and thoroughly rinsed your hair, slowly pour the mixture over your entire scalp, allowing it to run down the length of your hair (being careful not to get it in your eyes).
- Massage the mixture into your scalp, which will also serve to stimulate circulation and hair growth.
- After one to two minutes, rinse out the vinegar.
Jojoba Oil for Hair Loss
There are many factors that can lead to the dryness of the scalp, dandruff, and increased hair loss. Jojoba oil is capable of moisturizing hair and its follicles without leaving any residue. It can help hair cells to reproduce themselves at a rapid pace. After applying it on hair, wait for a few minutes before washing the oil out. The oil may also help hair cells reproduce faster, and fortunately doesn’t leave behind any greasy residue after being washed out. To use this natural hair loss treatment, warm a few drops of the oil in your hands, massage it into your roots and then wash out after 10-15 minutes using your usual shampoo and conditioner.
Jojoba Oil Hair Loss Remedy for Hair Growth
- You can use jojoba oil for a regular oil massage. For a hot oil massage for hair fall, you can mix a few drops of jojoba oil with coconut hair oil, olive oil or almond oil.
- Jojoba oil can also be used as a conditioner since it has moisturizing properties. If your hair is extremely rough, you can rely on jojoba oil to bring back the luster to your hair. You can also mix jojoba oil with your conditioner to include it in your usual hair care routine.
Licorice Root for Hair Loss
Known for its hydrating properties, a tea made from licorice root had been used by ancient Greeks to keep the scalp moisturized. Licorice root has a number of beneficial qualities when it comes to naturally treating hair loss. It works to alleviate a dry, irritated, or scabbed skull. But, most importantly, licorice root opens pores and strengthens weakened hair follicles, which is often the cause of hair loss in the first place.
Licorice Root Recipe for Hair Loss
Massage the tea along with few drops of coconut oil on your scalp, leave for one hour and wash off for a moisturized scalp
Aloe Vera for Hair Loss
If you’re wondering how to stop hair from falling out, aloe vera is a great home remedy for treating hair loss. Aloe vera works to soothe and calm a damaged scalp, creating a healthy environment for hair cells to replenish and flourish. Aloe also helps clean up sebum, an oil that clogs follicles and prevents hair from growing back. To effectively use this natural hair loss treatment, simply massage pure aloe vera gel directly along your scalp, or find an aloe vera-based shampoo.
Aloe Vera and Castor Oil Hair Growth Mask Recipe
You Will Need
- 1 cup Fresh Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tbsp Castor Oil
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Powder
- Shower Cap
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth and consistent paste.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair. Ensure that you’re focusing most on your roots and tips.
- Once your hair is fully covered in the mixture, cover it with a shower cap.
- Go to bed with the mixture on. You may wrap a towel around the shower cap for added heat and to keep the shower cap from shifting.
- In the morning, wash the mixture off with cool water and shampoo. Finish with conditioner.
Do this 1-2 times a week.
Castor oil is an excellent hair growth treatment that helps boost hair growth while also adding volume. The oil along with aloe vera helps stimulate hair regrowth and also curbs hair fall. This aloe vera treatment helps stimulate hair growth from the dormant hair follicles on your scalp. It also helps nourish and condition your hair strands, preventing breakage and split ends.
Rosemary Oil for Hair Loss
It’s great for the treatment of hair loss and for dandruff control. In fact, a recent study has concluded that cedarwood essential oil, along with lavender, rosemary and thyme, is effective in reversing alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is a common autoimmune skin disease resulting in hair loss on the face and scalp.
Rosemary Oil Recipe for Hair Loss
To use rosemary essential oil for hair growth:
- Heat 3 tsp of olive oil
- Blend in 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Use this blend as a hot oil treatment by blending it evenly over your scalp and through your hair
- Wrap your hair in a towel that has been dipped in hot water
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then shampoo it out
- It’s recommended to do this about once a month
Garlic for Hair Loss
Garlic is an excellent idea for all around health and wellness. But, it can also be used as an effective treatment for hair loss. In a study, dermatological researchers found that applying garlic gel to areas that have experienced hair loss along with a steroid treatment lead to more hair regrowth than using a placebo treatment with the steroid drug, and works to strengthen any existing hair it comes into contact with. Much like onion, garlic is full of minerals and vitamins that naturally condition and reverse hair loss. Applying a paste of blended garlic cloves could be an excellent home remedy to stop hair fall immediately.
Garlic Hair Loss Remedy
You Will Need
- 8 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup Carrier Oil (Olive, Coconut, Castor, etc.)
- 1 Medium Sized Onion (Optional)
Processing Time: 45 minutes,
- Crush the garlic and onion or throw them in a blender to get a fine pulp.
- Heat the carrier oil in a pan and add the garlic and onion paste to the oil.
- Heat the oil until the pulp starts to turn brown and then turn off the heat.
- Once the oil has cooled, strain it and discard the pulp.
- Take two tablespoons of the oil and start to gently massage your scalp with it.
- After 15 minutes of massaging, cover the length of your hair in the oil and let it sit for an additional 30 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo. Conditioning is optional since the oil acts as a conditioner.
Repeat this three times a week for best results.
Why this works
The oil massage stimulates the hair follicles in the scalp while improving blood circulation.
Cayenne Pepper for Hair Loss
Another way to reverse hair loss is to stimulate blood circulation along the scalp, and the best way to accomplish this is by using spicy cayenne peppers on your scalp. Cayenne contains capsaicin, which causes intense blood flow (and that tingling sensation you’re probably familiar with). Follow this recipe to learn how to make your own cayenne pepper mask and start using this effective natural hair loss treatment.
Cayenne Pepper & Mustard Mask Recipe for Hair Loss
What You Need:
- Cayenne pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard powder – 1 teaspoon
- Hot water – 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg yolk
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
How To Use:
- Stir the ingredients in a bowl till you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the blend on the scalp with massaging movements.
- Place a shower cap and leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with shampoo.
Be careful! If you have strong burning sensation wash off the mask immediately!
Just like cayenne pepper, the mustard powder has the same stimulating properties. Combined, they can enhance blood flow to hair follicles.