Essential oils promote healing to the mind, body, and soul. They can be used in massages, baths essential oil diffusers, and in body oils and other skin products. When essential oils are applied on skin, their small aromatic molecules are absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream and then carried in the blood to different parts of the body. When essential oils are inhaled, the small molecules are transmitted via the olfactory system to the limbic area of the brain: the area that is connected to the hormonal and nervous systems and to the emotions, says Dikshant Dave the founder of CureJoy.
Below are some quick and easy massage oils and bath remedies you can make at home that will heal and rejuvenate your mind and body.
When you have played too hard, use this blend to rub on all the sore spots:
- Rosemary – 15 drops
- Lavender – 10 drops
- Lemon – 10 drops
- Peppermint – 10 drops
- 2 ounces Sweet Almond Oil
Warm To the Touch Spicy Massage:
- 2 oz. Jojoba oil
- 7 drops golden sandalwood
- 4 drops cinnamon
- 3 drops peppermint
- Three drops black pepper
- 3 drops vetiver
Massage oils make great gifts and are nice to have for after a long day.Begin with your base oil of choice. This can be almond, apricot, jojoba, or grapeseed oil. Pour into a glass dish and add one of the essential oil combinations previously mentioned. Stir and bottle in a dark colored bottle.
Moisturizing Salt Scrubs
- 4 oz clear glass jar
- 3 oz sea salt
- 1 oz jojoba oil
- ¼ oz of one of the following: lavender, rose buds, rosemary
- 10 drops of essential oil: rosemary, geranium, bergamot
Begin with 3 oz of sea Salt – coarse grain. Pour the salt into a bowl and add the jojoba oil and the essential oil combination listed below. Mix well and cover for 24 hours. Pour into your salt scrub container, and enjoy.
Scented Room Freshener
- 8 -10 drops essential oils, of your choice
- 2 oz. bottle with atomizer
- 2 oz. distilled water
- 5 drops brandy
Mix all of the above in a glass bowl and pour into the 2 oz. atomizer bottle.
Deodorizing Room Spray
- 6 drops bergamot essential oils
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oils
Pet Deodorizing Room Spray
- 6 drops cedarwood essential oils
- 3 drops tea tree oil
Apple Pie Spice Room Air Freshener
- 6 drops cinnamon essential oils
- 3 drops clove essential oils
Orange Spice Room Air Freshener
- 5 drops orange & Cinnamon oils
Mood Lifter Air Freshener Spray
- 4 drops chamomile essential oils
- 3 drops orange essential oils
- 2 drops ylang-ylang essential oils
Stress Reliever Air Freshener Spray
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 3 drops rose essential oils
- 2 drops clary sage essential oils (optional)
Homemade Soap – The Easy Way
Ingredients for Earth Spice Soap
- 1 lb. unscented clear glycerin melt & pour base
- 1 1/2tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 10 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 Tsp. sunflower oil
Combine essential oils and 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon in glass mixing bottle set aside. Cut melt & pour soap into 1-inch cubes, place into top of double boiler. Heat it over low-medium heat until beginning to melt. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over soap, stirring gently, being careful to avoid over stirring. Continue melting until the soap is melted completely, remove from heat and immediately add sunflower oil, and essential oil blend, stirring gently. Pour into prepared molds. Let it sit for 5-6 hours or overnight, gently remove soap from molds, cut into slices if necessary, and store in a cool, dry, dark place for at least 1 week, flipping bars daily to prevent warping. Should make an amber colored soap with a darker layer where the cinnamon settles, like an amber sunset.
Vitamin E Lip Balm
- 1/2 cup and 4 Tbsp. almond oil
- 8 Tbsp. beeswax
- 2 Tsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. Vitamin E oil
- 1 Tsp. Cocoa Oil
Melt beeswax on low heat. Add honey and stir. Stir in Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter. Gently pour into containers and let cool. You can always add essential oils too!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?