One teaspoon can help calm and rejuvenate the mind. Help treat anxiety, insomnia, and lethargy.
Powder and consumption of milk improve intellect and reduces stress. Jatamansi: It improves the nervous system and cures hypertension and depression. Shatavari: Powder and mix with milk, it fights mental stress and fatigue.
Ayurveda Dosha Healing and Mental Balance
- Vitiation of the Vata dosha destroys mental sense and gives rise to grief and infatuation.
- When the Pitta dosha or the fire humor of the body gets aggravated beyond its normal limits, may lead to mental states of fear, lust, and grief.
- Similarly, an imbalance in Kapha causes lethargy and in-discrimination.
Ayurvedic Brain Tonic Herbs
Another herb by the name of Shatavari(Asparagus racemosus) is a body and brain rejuvenator and good for the intellect. All the more, it helps undo the everyday strain and induces sound sleep. This can be taken in powder form in a dose of 3 to 5 grams along with milk or mixed into an equal amount of honey.
Also, some medicinal preparations of the herb are available like Shatavari Gritha, which can be taken a teaspoonful at bedtime along with warm milk. Regular use of the same for some time helps fight mental stress, exhaustion, and fatigue. It aids in increasing the eyesight and mental faculties as well.
Ayurveda Recommends Lifestyle Modifications
- The daily dietary intake should be regularized in means of proper timing as well as nutritional balance. Try avoiding oily, heavy, and spicy meals in your routine. Fresh juices, fibrous foods, raw green vegetables, and garden herbs provide with ample supply of anti-oxidants and resistance boosters. A good amount of water intake is also a must.
- A sound mind dwells in a sound body. It is therefore essential to keep the body fit and healthy in order to develop better intellect. A regular exercise schedule or walks in fresh air especially in the early sunrise could do wonders.
- Sound sleep for eight hours is your daily rest requirement for the proper functioning and recharging of your brain powers.
- Make a daily work list and try to handle problems one by one, as it would be rather difficult to cope up with the accumulation.
- It is equally important to stay involved and seek counseling whenever required.
- Massage of the scalp and soles of the feet with sesame seed oil is also suggested.
- Cow’s ghee is quite beneficial for the brain. It should be included in the daily diet and can also be inhaled through the nostrils.