Yellow nails may be a result of heavy smoking and wearing nail polishes often. But it may also be due to a fungus problem or has something to do with your overall health like Psoriasis or diabetes.
Yellow nails can also be due to genetic reasons. Since yellow nails could be due to any of the above-mentioned reasons, you should consult a doctor to know the cause and treat the nails accordingly.
- A tablespoonful of Hydrogen Peroxide
- Two and half tbsp of Baking Soda
- A bowl made of plastic material, a small one will do
- A small Cotton Swab
- Make a mixture of Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide in a small bowl, to create a paste for bleaching your nails. Mix these components until they turn into a paste.
- Now, using a cotton swab, take a small quantity of bleach. With the cotton swab, apply this mixture of bleach in an even manner, beneath the nail tip, after which you can apply on the front portion.
- Let it remain on your nails for three minutes. Use warm water to rinse the nails. By continuing this method for a couple of weeks, you can prevent your nails from becoming yellow.
3 Other Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus
- Try this Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus. If you dip the nails in White Vinegar and Citric Acid these can get rid of yellow layers. Or squeeze a lemon and pour the juice into a small cup of water, and dip your fingers in it. You can also use a cotton swab to apply the Lemon Juice or Vinegar to your nails. After a couple of minutes, you can wash it away.
- Whitening toothpaste also works well on nails. You can apply thick layers of whitening toothpaste on all your nails. Let it be there for ten minutes and then rinse it off.
- Nail cleaners can also get rid of yellowish colors. These nail cleansers moisturize the nails besides removing the color.