I am sure you dislike untidy facial hair. Knowing how to get rid of a unibrow is another way of making sure you look presentable and well kept. If you want to increase your self-esteem and stand tall with a gorgeous face, read on and discover a number of working remedies to get rid of a unibrow!
How to get rid of a unibrow. 6 Ways to do it yourself at home.
1. Tweezing the Unibrow
The first common remedy to try out is tweezing. You can use tweezers to pluck out the overgrown hair between your brows. This remedy is temporary and you should expect the hairs to grow back after a while.
You will need…
- A washcloth
- Some hot water
- A mirror or a magnifying mirror
- Aloe Vera Gel
- An ice cube
- First of all, you should beware that this process is painful and might lead to some sore or red skin afterward.
- As a way of easing the soreness, take the washcloth and immerse it in hot water.
- Then ring out the washcloth and use it to dampen the area around the unibrow.
- Do this before tweezing.
The alternative to this method is to take a hot shower before tweezing.
To make tweezing easier and more accurate, use the mirror or the magnifying glass. Make sure you tweeze the hairs starting from the middle of the unibrow going outwards. After gently tweezing, apply the Aloe Vera gel to soothe the skin. You can use the ice cubes to avoid ending up with sore skin.
2. Sugaring the Unibrow
Sugaring, also known as sugar waxing is a method of hair removal that is quite similar to waxing. It is performed by mixing sugar with other ingredients to create a wax-like substance that is used to remove the unibrow. Here is how to get started on sugaring.
You will need…
- Some brown sugar
- A strip of cloth
- Start by mixing two teaspoons of the brown sugar with one teaspoon of honey in a bowl.
- Then add one teaspoon of water and stir the mixture thoroughly before putting it in a microwave.
- Now microwave the mixture for 30 seconds while stirring the mixture after every 10 seconds. Make sure the mixture bubbles and turns brown before removing it from the microwave. Be careful not to let the mixture stay too long in the microwave as it might get too hard.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature to get a warm and thick substance.
- Take the cloth strip and press gently on the sugar wax before applying it on the surface of the unibrow.
- Finally, let the sugar wax on your skin harden for about 60 seconds before quickly pulling the cloth from your unibrow. Afterward, you can use hydrocortisone to prevent any skin irritation.
3. Shaving the Unibrow
This method does not cause as much pain. However, you should know that it might leave you with razor bumps on your skin. Shaving is a simple and common process.
All you need to do is shave as usual around the eyebrows. While shaving away the unibrow, be careful not to ruin the natural shape of the eyebrows. This method is fast, simple, and an easy way to get rid of a unibrow.
4. Hair removal cream for the Unibrow
Another easy way of getting rid of a unibrow is to use hair removal cream. There are various kinds of hair removal creams that can get the job done. Make sure you get a facial hair removal cream to get quick results.
While applying the cream, be careful not to let it get into your eyes as it might cause some irritation. Just like shaving, hair removal creams only remove hair from the surface. This is the main reason as to why you should expect hair to grow back faster.
Before buying a hair removal cream, test it on your skin by simply applying some of that cream at the back of your hand. Leave it to sit there for some time to determine whether you are allergic to the cream or not.
5. Threading the Unibrow
Threading is an old method of hair removal that finds its origin in India. It is much quicker and more precise than waxing or shaving. It is a great hair removal technique that is recommended for people with sensitive skin.
You will need…
- Thick thread
- A small pair of scissors
- Loose powder
- Start by measuring 15 to 20 inches of the thick thread and cutting it.
- After that, join the two ends together to make a knot.
- Make about 3 knots.
- Now stretch the thread into a rectangle with the fingers going into the rectangle and back upwards.
- Turn the thread over to make an ‘x’ in the middle.
- Rotate the ‘x’ using your dominant hand.
- Apply some loose powder on the unibrow, and start to thread against the growing direction of the unibrow hairs.
- After threading, use the scissors to redefine the shape of your eyebrows.
6. Waxing the Unibrow
Another well-known option for getting rid of an unsightly unibrow is waxing. It is a great option especially for people that find tweezing uncomfortable. You can decide to go professional and get waxed at a beauty spa or salon, or you can do it at home with a waxing kit.
If you choose to go for the cheaper option of getting a waxing kit and doing it yourself, there are a few things to consider. You have to know that waxing too can be painful but the best part is that is can be done quickly. Since the process eliminates the hairs from their roots, hairs growing back take some time which is a good thing.
If you are new to waxing, make sure you get yourself a waxing kit that comes with a wax-covered strip to make your work much easier. After waxing the unibrow off, you might need some antibacterial lotion and some ice cubes to soothe the waxed skin.
There you have it! Try out these remedies and let me know what you think about them in the comment section below. Sharing this article can also be a helpful thing to do for a friend that you know is trying to get rid of a unibrow.