Autumn is the time of year pumpkins decorate our front steps, eventually carved for Halloween jack-o-lanterns, and gracing the table as pumpkin pie usually once a year for Thanksgiving. After November this healthy anti-cancer food is often ignored, disappearing from our diet for another 11 months. Breast Cancer Authority Blog presents a pumpkin recipe that helps fight breast cancer, and is delicious too!
Can pumpkin (not the same as pumpkin pie filling!) It has many of the same benefits of fresh pumpkin, but as with most processed foods, not all the benefits, so use fresh if you can. When available use organic ingredients.
1 – bag of meat-free crumbles (such as Boca Ground Crumbles)**
1 – medium onion, chopped
1 – cup canned pumpkin (or squash)
1 – 28 oz. can of dice stewed tomatoes
1- 15 oz. can kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
1 – 12 oz. bottle of chili sauce
1-2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- In a crock pot, combine all ingredients and slow cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- On the stove in a soup pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer and for 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings!
- If you like spicy chili, consider adding a touch of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or cayenne pepper.
- You can substitute lentils, bulgur wheat, or more beans for the crumbles.
About Dawn Bradford Lange:
Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancancer. want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!