This classic salad originates from a nice, sunny and vibrant Mediterranean city. To increase good fats, switch from tuna to canned or leftover grilled salmon.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 4 c romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can (12 oz) tuna, rinsed and drained
- 20 black olives
- 8 new potatoes (8 oz), boiled, drained and chilled
- 1 c green beans, steamed, drained and chilled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Penzeys Spices Sunny Paris Seasoning or other salt-free seasoning blends
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- TO MAKE THE SALAD: Place the lettuce in a bowl or on a platter. Arrange the tuna, olives, potatoes, green beans, eggs and tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
- TO MAKE THE DRESSING: Whisk together the seasoning blend, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
CALORIES PER SERVING: 290
MAKE IT A MEAL: Add 1 medium whole wheat roll for a total 390 calories.