This glazed ham with pineapple and cherries is a classic recipe that I created for my family and has become a huge hit. My entire family loves it and it’s a constant request every holiday. Using one secret ingredient that really takes it over the top. This is the ULTIMATE holiday ham!
It’s so easy to make and it’s great for leftovers too!!
- 1 can of dole pineapple rings in natural pineapple juices
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard, 8 oz
- Box of Toothpicks
- Lite Syrup – 24 fl oz
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Place the ham in a large baking pan. (15 minutes per pound)
- Place the whole cloves evenly throughout the ham.
- Brush the Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard evenly over the entire ham.
- Arrange the pineapple slices on the exterior of the ham. Secure the pineapple slices with toothpicks.
- Place one cherry into the center of each pineapple ring, secure the cherries with toothpicks. Make sure to remove the stems of the cherries.
- Pour the pancake syrup over the ham evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour.
- Uncover and bake for the rest of the time without the foil
- Then put another coating of pancake syrup over it.
- Bast occasionally with the glaze from the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure the pineapple and cherries don’t burn.
- When ready remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Remove toothpicks and cloves before serving.
- Arrange the pineapple and cherries on the bottom of the serving plate. It brings a nice flavor to the ham.
Tip: You can use the juices on the bottom of the pan for gravy.