To those of you who love the taste (and smell!) of a coconut, together with those who love kale, especially in its ‘soft’ version – this is the soup for you!
This soup is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals (thanks to the lentils and the kale – 2 of my favorite superfoods).
What you need:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 diced onion
- 3 diced celery stalks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 & 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 5 diced ripe tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils (rinsed and drained)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls torn kale leaves
What to do:
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil In a large pot for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Add the celery and sauté for couple more minutes.
- INCLUDE the spices and the bay leaves.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, and lentils. Stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and then simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, until lentils are soft and ready.
- Add the kale.
When ready, remove the bay leaves from the dish.
About Neeva Kedem
A couple of years ago my life took a nice turn when I became vegan. It happened after my 40th birthday; I kind of realized that my health and energy are not as they used to be, and that change is needed. After reading lots of researches and studies, I understood that eating healthier food that is based on plants and natural ingredients will be the best for me, and so I did. It didn’t happen overnight; first, I gave up red meat. Then chicken, which was very hard for me. And only about a year later – cheese and eggs. Today I can say that being vegan improved my health and energy levels and that I love being vegan!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!