Fresh lemon and rosemary complement the richly roasted flavor of the chicken, made moist and tender using this foolproof cooking method.
- 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 pound whole roasting chicken
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Grate and reserve 1 tablespoon zest from the lemon. Cut lemon in quarters. Chop and reserve 1 sprig rosemary.
- Remove the package of giblets and neck from chicken cavities. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Place lemon quarters and remaining rosemary sprigs into chicken cavity. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set to STOVETOP HIGH. Place chicken into the pot. Cook uncovered, searing chicken for approximately 5–7 minutes on each side as desired. Remove chicken from pot and place on roasting rack.
- Place onions, garlic, and broth into the pot. Place rack with chicken in the pot. Sprinkle chicken with reserved lemon zest and chopped rosemary. Set OVEN to 375°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?