Yoga started in the East as a spiritual practice with much of its focus on meditation. In the West, yoga is viewed primarily as a physical practice with the focus being health and wellness. Today yoga has become an increasingly popular method of breathing, physical exercises, and meditation. Yoga exercise has been shown to help improve and prevent medical conditions and improve resistance to psychological stresses. Strength, endurance, and physical flexibility are especially beneficial to those with back problems.
Why is yoga so effective and beneficial in preventing and helping medical conditions?
- Reduces blood pressure. A consistent yoga practice decreases blood pressure through better circulation and oxygenation of the body. These two exercises can help lower blood pressure.
- Improves blood circulation. By transporting nutrients and oxygen throughout your body, yoga practice provides healthier organs, skin, and brain.
- Promotes strength and energy. Yoga promotes constant energy and an increase in strength.
- Promotes cardiovascular endurance. A combination of lower heart rate and improved oxygenation to the body (both benefits of yoga) results in higher cardiovascular endurance.
- Helps to prevent diseases. Yoga practice massages internal organs, thus improving the ability of the body to prevent disease. Additionally, an experienced yoga practitioner becomes better attuned to her body to know at first sign if something isn’t functioning properly, thereby allowing for quicker response to head off disease.
- Improves gastrointestinal functions in both men and women who practice yoga.
- Yoga improves a person’s immune system by making it stronger to ward off sickness.
- Increases your tolerance for pain. Pain tolerance is much higher among those who practice yoga regularly.
- Chronic pain, such as back pain, are lessened or eliminated through yoga
- Yoga promotes an increase in metabolism. Consistent yoga practice creates a more efficient metabolism and helps promote weight loss.
- Stimulates the detoxification process within the body. Detoxification helps to delay aging, among many other health benefits.
- Yoga helps to reduce stress. The concentration required during yoga practice tends to focus your attention on the matter at hand, thereby reducing the emphasis you may have been putting on the stress in your life.
What the reviewer thought of the DVD Gaiam Yoga for Belly, But & Thighs
This DVD consists of four practices on 1 DVD – Belly, Butt, Thighs and a Bonus Practice called the Complete Core. The Personal Instructor on the DVD, Chrissy Carter is a senior teacher at YogaWorks in New York.The DVD begins by giving you the opportunity to choose which twenty-minute practice you would like to practice or you could do all four one after the other if you’re up to it. There is no pressure involved, you can stop after you completed one session and practice the others when you feel ready too.
The poses were easy to do and effective. You could feel the stretch and as she taught you the poses. In the DVD, Chrissy showed you modifications in case the movements were too much for your body. She also taught you the name of each pose. She was clear, concise and the tape was well organized.As the DVD continues she gently brings you into a relaxed state of mind and begins to teach you step-by-step the proper poses to tighten your belly, butt, thighs, and core. Chrissy explains everything in full detail, so you never feel lost or confused. The stretches and poses felt divine and most importantly she teaches you how to you can do this in the comforts of your own home the right way, so your yoga experience is effective.
As an author of the book, “The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body – Heal Your Body Naturally and Maintain Optimal Health Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables I found the Gaiam Yoga for Belly, But & Thighs: Achieve Flatter Abs, Slimmer Hips & Tighter Thighs with Yoga to be an excellent DVD for individuals interested in learning how to tighten their trouble zones using yoga as a means to do it.”It came quickly, packaged well and when I tried it, I loved it! It was like having my own instructor in the comforts of my own home. I felt very energized afterward. I give Gaiam Yoga for Belly, But & Thighs: Achieve Flatter Abs, Slimmer Hips & Tighter Thighs with Yoga FIVE STARS.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!