These easy coconut oil bath melts are going to be your next favorite beauty product! With their aroma and soothing effects, you’ll definitely want to toss them right away in the tub.
While they are readily available in supermarket aisles, they can be quite expensive. And you wouldn’t want to waste your hard-earned cash over those products, right? That said, making your own coconut oil bath bombs is your best option.
So how do you make them? Here’s an easy recipe you can follow at home.
What You Need:
- 20 drops of essential oils (depending on your preference)
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil (I used Coco Treasure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
- ½ cup bath salts (sea salts work well)
- ½ cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
How to Prepare:
- Combine the citric acid, salt, and baking soda in one large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add your preferred essential oil to the melted coconut oil. Stir the mixture into the dry ingredients.
- If the mixture stays in a clump when you press it into your palm, it’s a good mix. But if it doesn’t, add 1/8 teaspoon of water into the mixture. Don’t worry if the citric acid bubbles a bit. Just add several drops of water until the mixture clumps in your palm.
- Scoop about a ¼ cup of the mixture into a muffin tray. Make sure the container is filled about halfway. Next, press the mixture lightly into the mold.
- Let the coconut oil bath melts dry for at least one day. You will know they are completely dry once they slide easily out of the muffin tray.
Essential Oils You Can Use
Essential oils can be a bit pricey. Then again, a few drops go a long way. You can purchase essential oils that your pocket can afford, but be sure you are getting a real essential oil. Here are some essential oils you can find:
- Citrus – It helps improve mental clarity.
- Ylang Ylang – It calms your troubled mind.
- Rosemary – It cleanses and purifies the skin. It also helps relieve muscle pain.
- Jasmine – It is known to offer relaxation and comfort.
- Lavender – It is best for those with sensitive skin.
The best way to enjoy the perks of these coconut oil bath melts is to drop one into a warm bath and allow it to melt. But feel free to be creative and think of other ways to use it.
Catherine finds joy in the simplest things. Her passion for traveling is equally matched by her love for animals. When she’s at home, you can find her in her room writing about her travel experiences or outside the house playing with her fur babies. Whenever she’s in the mood for experimenting, you can see her in the kitchen trying out new recipes, most likely desserts. Despite her busy lifestyle, she makes sure to spend time with friends, participating in various charity works and running for a cause.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!