Tabletop yoga pose
- Opens chest, frees the breath
- Tones lower back
- Builds up arms Biceps & Triceps
- Stretches pectorial muscles and breaks up scar tissue
- Stimulates respiratory and endocrine systems
- Builds arms, legs, and core strength
- Develops an inner awareness of movement
- Recent or chronic injury to knees, hips or arms, back or shoulders.
1. Come to the floor on your hands and knees. Bring the knees hip-width apart, with the feet directly behind the knees. Bring the palms directly under the shoulders with the fingers facing forward.
2. Look down between the palms and allow the back to be flat. Press into the palms to drop the shoulders slightly away from the ears. Press the tailbone towards the back wall and the crown of the head towards the front wall to lengthen the spine.
3. Breathe deeply and hold for 1-3 breaths.
To experience the benefits of yoga, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!