If you can recall, when you were a young teenager, having freckles on your face was somewhat a common thing, because of all the raging hormones of teenagehood. However, if these freckles did not reduce as you got older, then there’s no doubt they are a nuisance to your overall appearance.
But do not worry if these irritating freckles have been lowering your self-esteem. I have a number of ways to help you get rid of them for good. Read on and discover 7 natural remedies to get rid of freckles fast.
1. Protection from the sun
As our very first remedy, this has to be the easiest way to get rid of freckles ever. Protecting your skin from the sun can be an effective way of getting rid of freckles on your face. You can do this by easily wearing a hat that has a wide brim, ensuring that your face is always in the shadow.
If you happen to have freckles on other parts of your body apart from your face, it is advisable to avoid going outside when the sun is hottest. You should aim to protect your skin from the strong UV radiation that comes from when the sun is sky high. In case you have to go out, make sure you wear some sunscreen.
2. Use lemon juice bleach
Using lemon juice on your skin is a safe and effective method of getting rid of freckles. It has a compound of properties that enable it to act as a bleaching agent on your skin. These properties present in the lemon juice help even out the tone of your skin. Here is how to go about it.
You will need…
- Fresh Lemon fruit
- A knife
- Some warm water
- A bowl
- Start this process by cutting the fresh lemon juice into two.
- Then take one half of the lemon and squeeze out its juice into the bowl.
- Now apply the fresh lemon juice to the area most affected by the freckles using your fingers. Make sure you gently massage your skin for about 15 minutes before rinsing off the juice with warm water.
If you do this two times a day, you will be sure to see some improvements. Alternatively, you can choose to dissolve some sugar into the lemon juice and use a small brush to apply the solution to your freckles.
Another easy home remedy that comes with lots of benefits is the use of honey. Honey has natural skin care properties that make it one of the best anti fungal and antibacterial agents for your skin. The best part is that, apart from getting rid of freckles, honey can also slow the aging process of your skin.
You will need…
- Warm water
- To get the best out of this home remedy start by creating a mixture of honey and yogurt.
- Make sure you thoroughly stir the mixture and then apply it directly to the area affected by the freckles.
- Leave the paste on your skin for about an hour before washing it off with warm water.
Alternatively, you can use water instead of yogurt. With water, you will have to heat up the mixture before applying it to your face.
4. Almond oil
Almond is a widely used skin product that lightens the skin, gets rid of wrinkles and eliminates freckles. It contains vitamins and minerals that enable it to even out your skin tone, giving you a healthy and vibrant skin. Here is how to do it
You will need…
A bowl of almond oil
- You will have to prepare for this home remedy by first storing the almond oil in a cool and dry area before using it.
- Afterward, use the oil to massage your affected skin for 15 minutes.
It is best if you do this before going to sleep. Do this for about 3 weeks to get improved results.
5. Use papaya
If you want to get rid of those stubborn freckles on your face with a scientifically proven remedy, then papaya is what you need. Papaya contains enzymes that are great for the skin.
All you need to do is to cut some slices of papaya and apply them on the freckles. After that, let the papaya slices stay on your face for about ten minutes.
6. Sour milk cream
The lactic acid in sour milk cream is important in getting rid of freckles. You can use this home remedy by applying the sour cream over the freckles and letting the cream soak into the skin until it dries. Then wipe off the cream from your face gently with a soft towel.
The lactic acid in the milk works by peeling off the upper layer of the skin that is affected by freckles thus getting rid of them. Unlike other remedies that might cause skin irritation, you will be pleased to know that this one does not cause any side effect on your skin. You can use it once a day to get improved results on your skin
7. A fruit mask
Another natural and easy way of getting rid of freckles is by using a homemade fruit mask. This remedy works by making use of all the natural element of the fruits to lighten the underlying layer of your skin thus evening out your skin tone.
You will need…
- Start by cutting each of the fruits into slices in preparation for blending.
- Then blend two strawberries, a slice of papaya with some cucumber and pineapple slices together. This will create a thick paste that you will use on your face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Afterward, peel off the gummy fruit mask from your skin to get rid of the freckles.
Yes, you could apply some make up to make the freckles go away, but a quick home remedy can actually turn out to be a permanent solution. If you have ever tried out any of the above remedies or you are planning to, leave a comment to share your experience. Also be sure to share this article with others that might need it.