High blood pressure or hypertension is a very common health condition that many people deal with each and every day. High blood pressure can be a very serious condition as the risk of stroke and heart attack are increased greatly for people with high blood pressure. Lowering your high blood pressure is very hard and most commonly people with high blood pressure end up getting a prescription from their physician for this condition.
You can, however, skip the prescription and reduce your blood pressure the natural way with these common home remedies (High Blood Pressure Diet).
Not only lowers your blood pressure but also relaxes your blood vessels which means that your blood vessels will not tighten up. Garlic can also help lower your risk of heart disease. You can take garlic in either raw form or by pill form; both are very effective in lowering your blood pressure. This home remedy has been clinically tested and proven to lower a person’s blood pressure greatly!
Although fish oil doesn’t directly lower your blood pressure, it does, however, work to keep your entire circulatory system as well as your heart in tip-top shape. Remember that the first step to lowering your high blood pressure is by improving the areas that are causing the condition. Fish from the deep blue sea also contains omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna. You can find pills forms of omega-3, however, the best and most effective way to benefit from it is by eating it raw. Grilling and broiling these types of fish can also help with lowering your blood pressure. Try adding spices as well to the fish that you are cooking, certain spices also help lower blood pressure and will make your fish tastier.
Bananas, Broccoli, and Celery
Bananas have been proven to reduce your blood pressure greatly. This is because bananas are rich and high in potassium and clinical studies have proven to dramatically reduce your blood pressure. Bananas and foods high in potassium can reduce your blood pressure up to 20 points. You can also try other foods that are high in potassium such as avocados, prunes, raisins, and dried apricots.
A high fiber diet has also shown to greatly lower a person’s blood pressure. Broccoli is very high in fiber and has been proven to lower your blood pressure also. If you don’t particularly like broccoli there are many other foods that you can consume that are high in fiber such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, and sweet potatoes.
Celery is also a very good antidote for lowering your blood pressure naturally. This is because celery contains 3-N-butylphthalide, which is a phytochemical that is found in celery. This particular property has been tested, studied, and found to lower your blood pressure. Celery has also been proven to greatly reduce your stress hormones which constrict your blood vessels, something you definitely don’t want your blood vessels to do when you have high blood pressure… this will only raise your blood pressure. You can also try celery in soup form and has been proven to work just as well as eating a celery stalk.
This mineral can also help in lowering your blood pressure. It can be found in your bones, organs, and body tissue and is a micronutrient. Magnesium and potassium work hand in hand which is why magnesium aids in reducing your blood pressure. Foods that are high in magnesium are shrimp, tofu, salmon spinach, bananas, rice, and sardines. Magnesium can also be found in a pill form over the counter and can also be very effective, although daily consumption of foods containing magnesium is proved to drop your blood pressure more quickly and effectively. For best results consume around 400 milligrams a day of magnesium and watch your high blood pressure decrease more and more each day.
Useful Treatment Tips
- Grapefruits and lemons are also very beneficial in the treatment of your high blood pressure. This is because both fruits contain Vitamin P which is effective in preventing capillary fragility and also tones up your arteries.
- Indian gooseberry juice and honey can also help you lower your blood pressure when you mix the two ingredients together. Try taking two tablespoons of Indian gooseberry juice and honey mixed together. You can take this mixture every morning on an empty stomach and can be the perfect antidote to naturally lower your blood pressure without the hassle of taking a pill.
- Try consuming at least two to three cloves of garlic twice daily. This will not only lower your blood pressure but it also restricts the spasms of small arteries and also moderates your heartbeat as well as your pulse rate.
- You can also try making a parsley leaf beverage by simmering 20 grams of fresh parsley leaves in 250 ml of water. You can drink this mixture frequently throughout the day and helps improve arterial health.
- Using one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with water each morning on an empty stomach can also maintain and control your blood pressure throughout the day.
- You can also mix one teaspoon of cayenne pepper with a half of a cup of lukewarm water daily. This is also a very effective home remedy that will lower your blood pressure dramatically.