Score a 10 with our family and friends at breakfast with this quick and easy Sweet Potato Hashbrown recipe that is seasoned to perfection with a little salt, pepper, and a dash of cinnamon for a delicious taste that you’ll love!
- 1/2 pound sweet potato (about half a large sweet potato), peeled and grated through the large grates of a box grater
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron pan on medium-high heat. (If you don’t have a cast iron pan, use a thick-bottomed skillet.) Note that you want the heat high enough so that the butter bubbles, but not so high that it browns or burns before you put the sweet potato in the pan.
- Working in batches if necessary (use 2 Tbsp of butter per batch), scoop large spoonfuls of grated sweet potatoes into the pan forming small mounds. Gently press to spread the mounds out a bit. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (If using salted butter you may be able to skip the salt.)
- Cook undisturbed until they are nicely browned on one side, about 4 to 5 minutes, then carefully turn them over with a metal spatula to brown on the other side, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- When done, place on a cookie sheet in a warmed oven to keep warm until ready to eat. Serve with eggs and avocado and a dash of cinnamon over the hashbrowns!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?