Breast cancer patients can exhibit an increased demand for protein. Tumors utilize glucose as their main source of energy supply. Thus, a diet supplying the cancer patient with sufficient protein while restricting the sugars tumors thrive on is a helpful strategy in improving breast cancer patients healthy recovery.
This protein-rich recipe includes hemp protein powder which is not marijuana. The two plants are distant relatives, having similar physical appearances and structures but little more. Marijuana flowers contain a chemical called THC which, when heated and ingested, causes intoxication. Marijuana has been used for this reason as a medicine for thousands of years.
Hemp, on the other hand, contains 0.00% THC, so has no narcotic effect on people. Hemp has never been used as a medicine; it has strictly been used primarily as a fiber plant and secondarily as a food crop. Hemp can only be grown with a government issued a permit and requires mandatory lab testing to ensure that all hemp grown contains 0.00% THC.
With this in mind, we wish to share this protein rich recipe.
- 2 Small Ripe Bananas
- 3 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Packets Truvia or Stevia
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Peel Bananas
- Add bananas to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Mix in: baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and Stevia.
- Mix in flaxseed
- Stir Chia Seeds
- The batter should look like poppy-seed muffin mix
- Add 2 scoops of chocolate hemp protein powder.
- To give the brownies an extra chocolate boost, stir in unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking pan (8 x 8).
- Spread out brownie batter evenly across the baking pan. (about 1/2 inch thick)
- The batter cooks how it is (does not rise) put onto the baking sheet, no rising or flattening.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cut into eight brownies.
85 Calories, 2.5 g fat, 133 mg potassium, 10.5 g Carbs, 4 g Fiber, 3 g Sugar, 6 g Protein.
A healthy diet is only one of several factors that can affect the immune system; exercise and stress management are just as important in improving your overall health and well-being.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer. We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.