- 1 cup red lentils
- ½ cup amaranth
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (or one large egg)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (GF)
- some sliced black olives (optional, but recommended)
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- some oil
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add red lentils and amaranth in a pot. Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. Strain them.
- Put them in a large bowl and blend in all the other ingredients, except oil. If the composition is too moist, add more breadcrumbs. The patties should be easy to form.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Make the patties – 1 tbsp per patty.
- Fry them 2 minutes on each side.
- Put the amaranth patties on a plate covered with a paper towel, in order to absorb all excess oil.
Recipe Source: Gourmadelle.com
A healthy diet is only one of several factors that can affect the immune system; exercise and stress management are just as important in improving your overall health and well-being.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer. We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com if you have questions.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!