- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar/honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup quinoa (black or red is pretty, but any color works)
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 scallions/green onions
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed, roughly chopped
- a handful of basil leaves
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a blender or food processor, whirl all of the dressing ingredients together. Taste for salt and pepper and set aside in the fridge.
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil and add the quinoa, turn the heat down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Blanch or steam the green beans until just barely softened. Drain well. Add the drained green beans to the cooled quinoa. Thinly slice the scallions and add them and half of the chopped hazelnuts to the bowl and toss with the desired amount of the dressing. Finish the salad with a few grinds of fresh black pepper and the rest of the hazelnuts. Serve at room temperature or chill in the fridge. The leftovers hold up great.