5 Ways to Treat Common Slip and Fall Injuries

The Complete Herbal Guide / Everyday Solutions  / 5 Ways to Treat Common Slip and Fall Injuries

5 Ways to Treat Common Slip and Fall Injuries

Slip and falls are one of the most common causes of injuries and demise. As cited by the National Security Council, they rank among the top three accidents leading to unintentional deaths in the US.

Slips And Falls Can Affect You More Than You Think!

While you may think that these are smaller injuries, Slips and falls can result in more than just a bruise!

The list of injuries occurring due to slips and falls are:

  • Head and neck injuries
  • Cuts, Abrasions or even wounds
  • Muscle strain
  • Tendinitis, ligament or other soft tissue trauma
  • Spinal Cord Injuries
  • Broken Bones

“What should I do after a slip or a fall injury?”

Whenever someone experiences a slip or fall injury, they don’t know whether to self-care or go to a doctor immediately.

The answer totally depends on the type of injury you sustain. Here we have a list of medical options you can consider if you ever suffer a slip or fall injury:

RISE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation)

Most of the fall accidents result in muscle strain. The best treatment recommended by doctors in mild bruises is self-care i.e. Rest, application of Ice pack, Compression and Elevation of the affected muscle.

Try Over The Counter Drugs

Another option in mild injuries is over the counter medicines. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are the most commonly used drugs after such an injury. People use Tylenol to reduce swelling and alleviate pain. But if the condition does not improve or worsen after 2 days, you should immediately seek medical help.

Use Elastic Bandages and Splint

Some injuries are self-healing. All you need to do is to immobilize the area so the two parts of the bone can grow back on their place. Elastic bandages are made of cotton and polyester while Splint is made of a thin piece of wood. Both of them can be used to keep the affected area immobilized. But in case of a major fracture, it is extremely necessary to call your doctor.

Call a Chiropractor

Chiropractors treat your medical problem by hands-on spinal manipulation. They use massage for musculoskeletal alignment to treat medical ailments by spinal management. Though you might not be a great believer in chiropractic, they might help you relieve muscle strains or other muscle injuries.

Seek Medical Care

For severe injuries, you should immediately consult your specialist or call 911 for help. For example, if you suffer an abrasion or a wound infected with mud or rusted metal, you should get a tetanus boost within 48 hours. You might even need acupuncture in case of tendinitis, arthritis or another type of skin tissue injury.

Here is a list of some specialists you should consult:

  • Primary Care Provider (PCP)
  • Physical Therapist
  • Orthopedic Doctor
  • Emergency Medicine Doctor

You can contact https://www.injuredcalltoday.com/ in case of any kind of injury and get the best doctor for yourself.

Herbal Guide Staff


The Complete Guide to Natural Healing believes that food, vitamins, supplements, and alternative medicine can be your best medicine. Our staff will show you the truth about health and wellness, so you can help your family and closest friends get even healthier. You’ll learn exactly what you should do and how to eat to get healthy, exercise to get your leanest, healthiest body and how to take control of your family’s health, using natural remedies as medicine.



Get the Herbal Guide newsletter for fitness, nutrition tips, health news, remedies, and more.