As researchers continue to unearth more and more benefits of CBD, it is fast becoming one of the best natural remedies for people seeking to treat their health conditions using natural means.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the over 100 chemical compounds (cannabinoids) found naturally in the marijuana plant. Another common cannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). It is the compound responsible for the mind-altering effect in the cannabis plant.
CBD oil is an oil solution made by mixing CBD with a carrier oil. Coconut, olive and hempseed oils are commonly used as carrier oils.
Although CBD oil has been known to treat a number of health conditions including but not limited to epilepsy, arthritis, different forms of depression including relocation depression and anxiety, researchers believe that the effectiveness of medical marijuana greatly depends on the delivery or consumption method.
Whether you have been in the game for long or just trying medical marijuana for the first time, learning about all the different CBD oil delivery methods can be a daunting process- leave alone figuring out the method that can best work for you.
This post is aimed at making things easy for you by mentioning some of the most effective ways of consuming CBD oil. Read on and learn all there is about CBD oil consumption!
If you are looking for fast relief from a migraine, pain, acute stress or whatever is it that you are suffering from, then this delivery method may work for you.
In this method, a few drops of CBD oil are placed under the tongue for a few seconds using a CBD spray or dropper. The mucous membranes then absorb the oil. From here, the oil finds its way into the bloodstream.
One of the best thing about the sublingual application is that the oils are directly absorbed into the bloodstream without having to go through the digestive tract for metabolization.
- Very easy to take- Just place a few drops using a dropper.
- Fat absorption rate.
- Great option for newbies- This is because you can start with a low-dose CBD oil and gradually work your way up.
- A very earthy and strong taste which most users find unattractive. However, some additives and flavoring can solve this issue.
This is another popular and easy way of consuming CBD Oil. CBD pills contain very concentrated levels of CBD oil.
One of the best things about CBD capsules and pills is that they contain very precise and accurate CBD dosages. This means that you can use the pills without worrying about overdose.
CBD capsules are becoming very popular especially in older people since, to them, this is just another addition to their tablet’s collection!
Easy to incorporate into your daily routine
This is because CBD pills are just like any other tablet and so you don’t have to worry about forgetting or employing a new lifestyle!
Unlike other forms of CBD, CBD pills contain exact amounts of CBD. This makes them easy and safe to use.
No earthy or un-attractive flavor
As already mentioned, some people don’t like the taste of CBD oil. CBD capsules, on the other hand, lack this un-attractive taste since they are enclosed.
If you are living in a country where CBD is still illegal, then discretion is key. Although most people still use other methods of CBD oil consumption such as vaping, these methods may draw unwanted attention especially if you want to consume CBD under ‘wraps.’
CBD edibles, on the other hand, offer a high level of discretion making then an ideal option for people using medical marijuana at public places or work.
Oils and isolates are readily available out there, and so it is easy to make CBD edibles at home. CBD edibles exist in different forms with gummies being the favorite option for most people.
CBD gummies are easy to portion and allow users to know the exact amount of CBD that they are consuming. However, although gummies have several health benefits, it is crucial to note that different CBD brands exist and hence essential to do enough background research to ensure that you get the best and genuine products.
- Offers a delicious and fun way of consuming CBD oil.
- Easy to make – You can easily make your own CBD edibles at home. CBD-infused brownies can be a good start!
- Accurate dosages – Especially in the case of CBD candies. However, when it comes to other forms of CBD edibles such as brownies, it may be hard to regulate the dosages.
- A wide range of options to choose from – As already mentioned, CBD edibles exists in different forms. This means that you can always find the best option for your needs!
- Not fast acting – Unlike inhalation, CBD edibles are not fast acting and may take time to achieve the desired results.
- Some CBD edibles e.g., chocolates may not be healthy as hence not ideal as a part of a daily routine.
Inhalation is another effective method of consuming CBD oil. It is very common among marijuana users since it is fast acting and hence the desired relief can be achieved instantly.
Vaping has become a very popular method of consuming marijuana because not only is it safer, but also allows you to consume cannabis on the go- thanks to the modern compact and portable vaping devices.
When you inhale or vape, CBD is quickly absorbed by the alveoli (found in the lungs). From your lungs, CBD is rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and to the other parts of your body.
According to experts, inhalation not only absorbs CBD faster but also high amounts at a go.
One of the best things about this is that, unlike smoking, vaping does not involve any combustion. This means that vaping allows you to enjoy the super-healing power of cannabis without putting your lungs at risk.
- Vaping provides a healthier and safer alternative to smoking.
- Fast acting- Hence the desired results can be achieved faster.
- Vaping devices and oils exist in different varieties. This means that you can always get one that best works for you.
- May not work for non-smokers.
- Maybe hard to dose accurately when vaping.
- Steep initial investment since some of the vaping devices is quite expensive.
CBD-infused creams and lotions are said to treat arthritis pain, sore muscles, and inflammation.
According to experts, these products work by interacting with the endocannabinoid receptors found on your skin. This means that, instead of being absorbed into the bloodstream, CBD acts on the specific or the affected area.
However, this method of application is not fast-acting and may take several hours before any effects can kick in.
- Targets specific areas.
- Easy to use and incorporate into our daily routines.
- Maybe hard to dose especially because you can’t measure the amount of CBD in each application.
- No long-lasting effects.
As you can see, there are so many methods of consuming CBD. It is therefore impossible to name a specific method as the best option. This is because your choice will be determined by several factors ranging from ease of use, the desired results and your personal preference.
Whatever method you use, make sure to follow the guidelines as well as your doctor’s instructions.