Heat waffle iron. In a bowl, beat 2 eggs until fluffy. Add 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 ¾ cups milk, ½ cup virgin coconut oil, 1 tbsp whole sugar (all organic), 4 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp Himalayan salt and mix all ingredients together. Pour 2/3 cup batter onto the center of the hot waffle iron. Close the lid and bake for 5 mins. Top with berries or drizzle maple syrup.
Internal functions of coconut oil occur primarily due to it being used as cooking oil. Coconut oil helps to improve the digestive system and thus prevents various stomach and digestion related problems including Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The saturated fats present in coconut oil have antimicrobial properties and help in dealing with various bacteria, fungi, and parasites that can cause indigestion. Coconut oil also helps in the absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. It contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in actively preventing various heart problems like high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. Therefore, it is considered beneficial for the heart. Moreover, as it contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and endocrine system. And hence, considered beneficial for weight loss.
To put Coconut Oil to the test, I made Whole Wheat Coconut Oil Waffles.
Recipe For Whole Wheat Coconut Oil Waffles
- 2 eggs – free range
- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 ¾ cups organic milk
- ½ cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic whole sugar
- 4 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Heat Waffle Iron and in a bowl beat eggs until fluffy.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour 2/3 cup batter onto the center of hot waffle iron.
- Close lid and bake for about 5 minutes or until steaming stops.
- Carefully remove waffles.
- Serve immediately topped with organic maple syrup, fresh berries, and grass-fed butter.