If you still need a last minute dish to bring to picnic or barbecue over the next week or two, this pretty carrot yogurt dip is sure to win you compliments. It’s super easy to make and is delicious with seasonal, fresh chopped vegetables.
- 1 lb carrots (~6 carrots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Peel and cut carrots.
1. Peel carrots and slice into 1/3 thick coins.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the carrots, garam masala, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Saute for 2 minutes. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes, removing the lid to stir occasionally, until carrots are fork tender.
3. Add garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the yogurt, lime juice, and carrots to the food processor. Puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fresh vegetables.
Serve with fresh vegetables.
Debbie is the Registered Dietitian and writer behind the blog, Dietitian Debbie Dishes where you’ll find healthy, seasonal, vegetarian recipes!
The Ultimate Meal Planner
Try It Free Today
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?