In this article, you’ll learn and discover how to make a healthy, delicious meal that’s quick and easy called beet burgers.
|Hands-on time||15 min|
|Total time||45 min|
|Season||winter. summer. spring. fall.|
- 1 15 ounces can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (roasted and salted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup beets (peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno (seeded and diced, check for heat)
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste (sub almond butter)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat lightly with olive oil.
- Prep all veggies according to the ingredients list.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat dry then add to a large bowl.
- Use the back of a spoon or fork, roughly mash chickpeas.
- Add flax meal, sunflower seeds, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor Pulse rolled oats, beets, carrots, jalapeño, tahini, and honey until it forms a chunky paste.
- Add to the chickpea mixture.
- Stir all ingredients together until incorporated.
- Form mixture into 6 patties approximately 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2 (a generous 1/3 cup scoop).
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 30 minutes or until they’re no longer soft to touch and slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cooling at least 10 minutes before removing from baking sheet and serving.
Summer is also here, don’t wait to check our meal plan programs – Check them out now!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!