In this article, you’ll learn and discover how to make a healthy, delicious meal that’s quick and easy called beet burgers.
|Hands-on time||15 min|
|Total time||45 min|
|Season||winter. summer. spring. fall.|
- 1 15 ounces can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (roasted and salted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup beets (peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup jalapeno (seeded and diced, check for heat)
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste (sub almond butter)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat lightly with olive oil.
- Prep all veggies according to the ingredients list.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat dry then add to a large bowl.
- Use the back of a spoon or fork, roughly mash chickpeas.
- Add flax meal, sunflower seeds, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor Pulse rolled oats, beets, carrots, jalapeño, tahini, and honey until it forms a chunky paste.
- Add to the chickpea mixture.
- Stir all ingredients together until incorporated.
- Form mixture into 6 patties approximately 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2 (a generous 1/3 cup scoop).
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 30 minutes or until they’re no longer soft to touch and slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cooling at least 10 minutes before removing from baking sheet and serving.
Summer is also here, don’t wait to check our meal plan programs – Check them out now!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!