Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins Total Time: 40 mins
- 12 ounce(s) sausage, Italian turkey, hot, links, removed from casings
- 2 teaspoon oil, canola
- 1 large onion(s), diced
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 4 cup(s) tomato(es), chopped
- 4 cup(s) broth, chicken, less sodium
- 2 1/2 cup(s) okra, cut, frozen, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) rice, brown, instant
- 1 bunch(es) scallion(s) (green onions), trimmed and sliced, (optional)
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl lined with paper towels.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and cook, stirring to coat the vegetables, until the flour browns, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to release their juices, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth, cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Return the sausage to the pan, along with okra and rice; reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the okra is heated through and the rice is tender, bout 10 minutes. Serve sprinkled with sliced scallions, if using.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!