Total Time: 15 minutesYield: 4 appetizer servings
2 small shallots, thinly sliced
2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets (from 1 small head broccoli)
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Six 6-inch corn tortillas
- In a medium non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Saute the shallot until fragrant, about one minute. Add the broccoli and cook until vibrant green, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the florets are tender, about 3 minutes more. Season with salt and the chili powder. Remove the broccoli to a medium mixing bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- Add the cheese to the mixing bowl and stir to combine. The cheese will start melting, so make sure it doesn’t clump too much.
- On a cutting board, arrange three of the tortillas. Divide the broccoli mixture between them, spreading to form an even layer. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Brush the skillet with oil. Pan fry the quesadillas over medium-high heat until golden brown and the cheese is starting to ooze out the sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a baking sheet. Keep the quesadillas warm in the oven until ready to eat or cut into four wedges and serve immediately.