Total Time: 15 minutesYield: 4 appetizer servings
2 small shallots, thinly sliced
2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets (from 1 small head broccoli)
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Six 6-inch corn tortillas
- In a medium non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Saute the shallot until fragrant, about one minute. Add the broccoli and cook until vibrant green, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the florets are tender, about 3 minutes more. Season with salt and the chili powder. Remove the broccoli to a medium mixing bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- Add the cheese to the mixing bowl and stir to combine. The cheese will start melting, so make sure it doesn’t clump too much.
- On a cutting board, arrange three of the tortillas. Divide the broccoli mixture between them, spreading to form an even layer. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Brush the skillet with oil. Pan fry the quesadillas over medium-high heat until golden brown and the cheese is starting to ooze out the sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a baking sheet. Keep the quesadillas warm in the oven until ready to eat or cut into four wedges and serve immediately.
By Feed Me Phoebe
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!