¾ c sugar, granulated
2 oz ripe Hass Avocado (about ½ avocado), peeled, seeded and pureed
1 Tbsp natural red food color
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cider vinegar
1 c + 2 Tbsp cake flour
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Use ½ tsp baking powder
Add ½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ c buttermilk
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 oz ripe Hass Avocado (about ⅕ avocado), peeled, seeded and pureed
1¾ c powdered sugar
1 Tbsp honey
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. CREAM together sugar and avocado in a large bowl. Add the egg, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar, and beat to incorporate.
2. COMBINE cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
3. ADD half the buttermilk and half the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and stir to combine. Add the remaining buttermilk and dry ingredients and mix.
4. SPOON batter into paper lined mini-muffin tins, about 1 Tbsp per cupcake. Bake at 350°F until done and golden, about 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
5. MEANWHILE, prep frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, and fresh Hass avocado puree until fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar, honey and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 3 days). Pipe frosting on top of cool cupcakes.
NUTRITION (per serving) 70 cal, 1 g pro, 13 g carb, 0 g fiber, 10 g sugars, 1.5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 65 mg sodium