Quick & Easy Quinoa with Coconut Oil
Quinoa is high in protein, gluten-free and comes in different forms. Just like corn, it can be puffed or rolled into flakes or you can buy it whole. This makes it a great alternative to granola as a crunchy snack and a healthy alternative to chips or candy. When cooked with coconut oil quinoa can have a delicious flavor.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1½ cups quinoa rinsed well
- 1 13.5-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- a teaspoon of kosher salt
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add quinoa and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt, and 1 and ½ cups water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is evaporated, 20–25 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!