A meal-based plan to help manage acid reflux, heartburn, and other systems of GERD
Author: Kimberly Tessmer, RDN, LD
Buy Amazon Also available as a paperback and Kindle; ISBN: 978-1601633231, $10.65, 224 pages
More than 60 million Americans experience symptoms of acid reflux at least once per month and at least 25 million Americans suffer on a daily basis.
A long-term study found that the number of people who experience acid reflux at least once a week has gone up almost 50 percent in the last 10 years, with women appearing to be a bit more susceptible than men. This may say something about our current American diet!
Kimberly Tessmer, RDN, LD is a consulting dietitian and author, her new book, Your Nutrition Solution to Acid Reflux (New Page Books, May 2014) will give you the latest medical information on acid reflux and GERD as well as a complete yet simplified overview of the disease to enhance your understanding.
Your Nutrition Solution to Acid Reflux also contains:
- Tips on not only nutritional intake but also the lifestyle changes needed to find relief.
- Interactive tools that allow you to become a food detective and make the changes necessary to feeling better
- Alternative and/or natural treatments and the role of Probiotics and Prebiotics, Calcium and herbal supplements.
Your Nutrition Solution to Acid Reflux includes:
- Easy-to-follow meal plans to help get you started on a life without the symptoms of acid reflux.
- A 14-day menu guide and items to stock in your kitchen
Tessmer also includes questions to ask your doctor such as:
- Can taking medication for acid reflux/GERD weaken my bones
- What foods would produce acid in the stomach
- Will acid reflux effect my teeth
- And much more
Kimberly Tessmer is a registered dietitian, published author, wife and mother. She has been a registered dietitian since 1992 and has worked in various fields related to nutrition and food. Kim currently owns and operates a consulting practice called Nutrition Focus (www.Nutrifocus.net) where she specializes in authoring, weight management, menu development and other nutrition-related consulting services.