If you have symptoms of varicose veins, they tend to be mild and may include:
- A dull ache, burning, or heaviness in the legs. These symptoms may be more noticeable late in the day or after you have been sitting or standing for a long time.
- Mild swelling, usually involving the feet and ankles only
- Itching skin over the varicose vein
More severe symptoms or complications include:
- A buildup of fluid and swelling in the leg
- Significant swelling and calf pain after sitting or standing for a long time
- Skin color changes (stasis pigmentation) around the ankles and lower legs
- Dry, stretched, swollen, itching, or scaling skin
- Superficial thrombophlebitis (when a blood clot and inflammation develop in a small vein near the surface of the skin)
- Open sores (ulcerations).
- Bleeding and/or bruising after a minor injury.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?