The Healthy Kitchen for Cancer Prevention presented by Breast Cancer Yoga.
Quinoa Recipe Benefits:
Quinoa is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed, celery is a very good source of vitamin C, carrots has traditionally focused on carotenoids and their important antioxidant benefits, onions are surprisingly high in flavonoids, Bell pepper is an excellent source of carotenoids, cranberries protect our cardiovascular system and our liver and are the richest in health-promoting antioxidants berries.
How to make quinoa:
1. Soak 1 cup of quinoa for 1-2 hours, rinse and then add into 2 cups of alkaline water, bring to a boil again and then simmer until water is absorbed.
2. Brown mushrooms first (secret from Julie Child) then add
3. Green, yellow, and red organic peppers, (wash and chopped)
4. Add celery, carrots, nuts, dried berries & fruit (your choice)
5. Spices: Frontier garlic powder, Cayenne, turmeric & kelp (instead of acidic black pepper) and Himalayan salt
6. Combine ingredients: quinoa, vegetables, nuts, fruits and spices
A healthy diet is only one of several factors that can help prevent cancer; exercise and stress management are just as important in improving your overall health and well being.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us email@example.com if you have questions.