In this post, you’ll learn more about buying cannabis online, its facts, benefits, rules and regulations, and legal implications. By doing so, you’ll be able to make the right decisions when it comes to purchasing weed.
Age Requirement When Buying Weed Online
The minimum age requirement when buying cannabis online differs in provinces and territories. For instance, you must be at least 19 years old to purchase marijuana in Quebec and at least 18 years old to carry and share up to 30 grams of weed in public. You’ll see a prompt every time you enter a trusted and reputable cannabis site, like Kush Dispensary online, requiring age verification.
Benefits of Buying Weed Online
There are many advantages of buying weed online, including convenience, accessibility, a wide-range of cannabis strain options, and affordability when compared to purchasing weed in local cannabis dispensaries. All you need is a computer and internet connection to buy cannabis online, and wait for your item to be delivered at home or any preferred address.
Here are the other benefits of buying weed online:
- Get away from the social stigma associated with buying cannabis in local dispensaries.
- Order cannabis products anytime and anywhere.
- You’ll find the rarest strains sold online, and you can take advantage of promotions or special deals that are worth the money.
Canada Post Online Buying Guidelines
Since 2013, Canada Post has been a safe avenue for delivering medical cannabis ordered online. With the legalization of recreational cannabis last October 17, 2018, Canada Post promised to continue following the regulations, guidelines, and the law from the provincial, territorial, and federal governments concerning the sale and distribution of weed in respective provinces and territories.
Here are the good-to-know facts about the sales and distribution of weed through online channels:
- Licensed distributors are responsible for ensuring that online transactions—including packaging, labeling, and shipment—comply with the regulations and cannabis laws of the provincial and federal governments.
- All shipments of recreational weed from licensed sellers picked up at postal outlets require a mandatory proof of age, and the minimum age requirement to receive recreational marijuana is defined by each territory.
- Canada Post requires an acceptable photo ID if the receiver looks younger than 25 years old. Also, the proof of age requirement should bear the name and signature of the recipient.
- All cannabis shipments require using a trackable service.
- Detailed packaging and commercial guidelines are made available to licensed distributors based on provincial and federal requirements to ensure that the parcel is safely processed through the vast delivery network once it reaches a Canada Post facility.
Safety Tips When Buying Weed Online
With hundreds of cannabis sites and ads today, it’s challenging to find a reputable cannabis company following quality standards when processing cannabis orders and shipments. That’s why you need to be cautious when choosing an online weed seller to ensure a smooth and safe transaction.
Here are some safety tips when buying cannabis online:
- Do not purchase marijuana through someone in an online forum, such as Facebook, Instagram, or Craigslist. These online channels are likely illegal.
- Use an online cannabis site that has been in the business for many years. It means that the company has complied with cannabis legislation.
- Read the terms and conditions or disclosures before buying weed online.
- Check customer reviews to find out how a seller or company manage customer complaints and issues, such as “non-delivery of the item” or “not as described.”
- Don’t be fooled with too-good-to-be-true offers or promotions because you might end up getting fake cannabis products.
- Check if the online cannabis seller or company offers a money back guarantee or some protection if ever you won’t receive the item or receive an “item not as described.”
Now you’re more confident to buy cannabis online because you’re more knowledgeable or well-informed. It is legal to purchase marijuana online as long as you comply with your state or federal laws in the country you’re residing. One thing you have to keep in mind is that you’re the one responsible for your transactions online, and by ordering weed online, you agree to comply with all the terms and conditions of the site.