“A healthier heart means a long, healthy, productive life – isn’t that what you want for yourself?”
Did You Know…?
Ninety percent of heart attacks are preventable! Studies show that more than half of heart diseases that occur are preventable. It is not hard to maintain a healthy heart. All you need to do is make a few small changes in your life and you are on your way to improving your health, by creating a stronger, healthier heart. What Can I do to maintain a healthy Heart? People who eat healthier and sustain good living habits decrease their risk of having a heart attack or developing heart disease by 92%. Foods you should eat to improve your overall heart health
- Whole grains
Other things you can do to main a healthy heart
- Drink sensible amounts of alcohol – you do not have to drink as if you are in a fraternity!
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Do not smoke and if you do QUIT!
Can heart supplements help you maintain a healthy heart and improve your overall health? There are tons of things you can do to maintain a healthy heart – one of them is taking heart supplements. Heart supplements can improve your heart’s health and at the same time these heart supplements will help improve other parts of your body – including your bones, colon, lungs, and skin. When you take heart supplements, you are definitely getting more for your money! What type of heart supplements can you take? The Different Types of Heart Supplements available. Many people take vitamins and supplements to boost maintain a healthy heart or to help improve their heart condition. Below is a list of heart supplements to help you maintain a healthy heart (tick tock).
- Supplements like omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) and plant sterols help lower cholesterol and improve blood flow to the heart.
- Coenzyme Q10 acts like an antioxidant, which helps protect cells from damage. Some studies show that CoQ10 supplements may lower blood pressure a little and may help prevent heart failure.
- Fiber lowers cholesterol, as well as the overall risk of heart disease. Studies show that fiber binds with cholesterol in the intestines and prevents it from being absorbed by the body.
- Flaxseed and flaxseed oil lowers cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin B lowers levels of the amino acid homocysteine, which has been linked to heart disease.
- Magnesium helps keep blood pressure normal and the heart rhythm steady.
- Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil can lower blood pressure and triglycerides. Omega-3s can also reduce your overall risk of death from heart disease. Omega-3 fatty acids also help to decrease inflammation in the arteries surrounding your heart.
- Red yeast rice can lower total cholesterol and “bad” LDL cholesterol.
In order to live a long, happy, healthy and productive life you need to take time out from your busy schedule and take care of yourself. Health comes first and without a healthy heart, you will not be able to enjoy life and share special moments with the people who mean the most to you. So remember small changes can make a big difference in your life. A supplement a day can keep the doctor away – maintain a healthy heart the right way!